The competition "International Wine & Spirits Awards" is organized and developed by Catavinum in Vitoria (Spain).
The objectives of this competition are:
- Inform international consumers and professionals of about the quality of award winning wines, helping to disseminate and communicate it.
- Provide a message of guidance to 80% of consumers who expect international references on wine.
- Increase the production of quality wines.
- Help spread the culture of wine and consumption reasonable of this beverage with beneficial health qualities.
The success of this competition is based on three factors:
- The experience of Catavinum (since 1998) in the development of guides and wine competitions.
- The international dimension of competition in which participate producers and wineries of the major countries.
- The promotion and dissemination of results at international level in order to help publicize the world's finest wines.
For the realization of the competition, were tasted 2157 wines and spirits and 646 were awarded with medall and diploma.
The results can be viewed at the following link:
The event featured wines from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Mexico ...
Tasting sessions of the contest were held in the month of July.
Awarded wines & spirits
Those wines and spirits that obtain the following scores will obtain a diploma and a medal.
Great Gold Medal: from 95 to 100 points.
Gold Medal: from 90 to 94 points.
Silver Medal: from 85 to 89 points.
Opening of registration: April 15, 2023.
Deadline of registration: June 15, 2023.
Contest date: July 1-9, 2023.
Publication of results: July 15, 2023.