The International Wine and Spirits Awards competition is organized and developed by Catavinum in Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain).
The objectives of this contest are the following:
- Inform consumers and international wine and alcoholic beverages professionals about the quality of the awarded products, helping to disseminate and communicate them.
- Provide an orientation message to 80% of consumers who expect international references on wines, spirits and other alcoholic beverages.
- Promote the production and elaboration of quality products.
- Contribute to the dissemination of quality products and reasonable consumption of these products.
Article 1. The contest is open to all wines, spirits and alcoholic beverages in the world. Each contestant must complete the corresponding registration form with the information requested in it:
- Identification of the contestant.
- Full name of the product.
Article 2. The registration fees are:
First sample: 125 euros
Second sample: 100 euros
Third sample and following: free registration.
The registration payment can be made by credit card or by bank transfer.
Companies whose registration fees have not been paid will not participate in the contest.
Each participant will receive the corresponding invoice from her.
Shipping of samples
Article 3. 3 bottles will be sent for each sample submitted to the contest. The bottles have to be correctly labeled, as they are going to go on the market.
Companies must send samples before the indicated date shown on the web.
Article 5. The samples will be sent to the following address:
International Wine and Spirits Awards
C / Olaguibel, nº 19, bajo derecha
01004 Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain)
Indicate in the shipment: Samples for competition, without commercial value.
Transport costs, customs and fees paid by the sender (DDP mode of transport).
Recommendation for participants from outside the European Union: companies that wish to participate from outside the European Union, if they can, it is convenient that they send us the samples through an importer of the European Union to avoid processing delays in customs . If you do not have an importer, you can send us the samples directly.
Organization of the contest
Article 6. The samples will be presented for tasting in a packaging that allows the anonymity of the samples.
Article 7. The jury will be made up of the Catavinum tasting committee.
Development of the contest
Article 8. The products presented to the Contest will be evaluated by blind tasting.
Article 9. As a general rule, the products will be tasted at the following temperatures:
- White and rosé wines: 10-12 ºC
- Red wines: 15-18 ºC
- Sparkling wines: 8-10 ºC
- Liquors: 16-18 ºC
- Other products: the recommended tasting temperature will be taken into account depending on the product in question.
Article 10. Diplomas and medals will be awarded to wines according to the score they obtain:
- Great Gold Medal: from 95 to 100 points.
- Gold Medal: from 90 to 94 points.
- Silver Medal: from 85 to 89 points.
Article 11. Each award will be accompanied by the accrediting diploma, which can be downloaded directly from the contest website.
Article 12. Only rewarded products published on our website may use a medal.
Annex: Product Category
The categories included below are intended to order the products that will be tasted during the official tasting sessions, based on a similarity of types and sensory characteristics.
- Red wines
- White wines
- Rosé wines
- Sparkling wines.
- Sweet / semi-sweet wines.
- Fortified wines
Distilled or spirits drinks
Liquors and creams
- Fruit liqueur
- Herbal liqueur
- Coffee liquor
- Whiskey liqueur
- Pomace cream